Are you in the market for a docking station or charging stand for your Apple Watch? We came up with a list of options, at various price points, for you to choose from. We’ll tell you what each docking station can do for your Apple Watch and the rest of your (compatible) Apple devices.
- What Is a Docking Station and When Do You Need One?
- 1. Lamicall Apple Watch Charging Stand
- 2. Conido Charging Stand
- 3. JackCube Design Wooden Charging Stand
- 4. OLEBR 3-in-1 Charging Station
- 5. WAITIEE 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Station
- 6. Belkin Boost Charge Pro Portable Fast Charger
- 7. Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
- 8. MagSafe Duo Charger
- 9. Belkin Boost Charge Pro 3-in-1 Wireless Charger with MagSafe
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a Docking Station and When Do You Need One?
Docking stations let you rest your Apple Watch on its side or flat to charge. Most docking stations have straightforward purposes such as charging, but there are also those that double as wireless charging docks for iPhones, AirPods, and other compatible devices.
A docking station may or may not need the Apple Watch charger that came with your Apple Watch’s box to charge compatible Watch models.
Typically, you won’t need a docking station if you only need to charge your Apple Watch. But if you want to dock it for your desk setup or you want it to function as a nightstand clock while charging, a docking station is necessary.
Additionally, you can charge other Apple devices in some docking stations, which serves a lot of purpose because you don’t need to use and keep multiple chargers.
1. Lamicall Apple Watch Charging Stand
A well-reviewed budget Apple Watch charging dock.
- Four color options (Black, Gray, Rose Gold, and Silver)
- Requires an Apple Watch charger to charge your watch
- You can’t dock your Apple Watch on its side
Priced at $9.99, the Lamicall Charging Stand for the Apple Watch is a straightforward and affordable charging dock. With this, you can charge or dock your watch on your desk and still see the screen. However, you need to use your Apple Watch charger to make charging work for this one. So if you’re looking for a docking station to replace a lost Apple Watch charger, the Lamicall Stand Suit may not be the best pick despite its low price tag.
2. Conido Charging Stand
A convenient Apple Watch dock with a variety of colors.
- Eight color choices (Black, Blue, Gold, Gray, Pink, Rose Gold, Silver, and White)
- Sideways Apple Watch orientation
- Won’t take a lot of space on your desk or nightstand
- Comes with a charging cable
- Only allows sideways Apple Watch docking
The Conido Charging Stand is a small, no-frills Apple Watch docking station. It comes with its own charging cable, so you’ll only need a power adapter to juice up your watch with this one. For $25.99, you get a small dock where you can charge your Apple Watch and not worry about space.
3. JackCube Design Wooden Charging Stand
A wooden dock and organizer for your Apple Watch and other devices.
- Functions as an organizer for your Apple Watch, smartphone, and other devices or items
- Wooden design that will fit wooden desk setups
- Space saving
- Doesn’t come with device chargers
- You can’t dock your Apple Watch on its side
The JackCube Design Wooden Charging Stand is a charging stand and organizer for your Apple Watch and other devices or non-tech items. It doesn’t come with the chargers you need, but that shouldn’t be expected from its product description and price ($25.90).
Design-wise, it’s perfect for wooden and minimalistic desk setups and is space saving. But if you’re not a fan of its design, you have plenty of non-wooden choices.
4. OLEBR 3-in-1 Charging Station
A portable multi-device charger and docking station.
- 12W fast charging adapter included for iPhone, Apple Watch, and AirPods
- Three color choices (Black, Rose Gold, and White)
- The dock might look cramped if you have Plus or Max iPhone versions and Apple Watches with bigger displays
- You can only dock your Apple Watch sideways
Priced at $31.99, the OLEBR 3-in-1 Charging Station is a great pick for Apple Watch users who want to limit their charging to a single point. Using this Apple Watch docking station, you can charge your iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch simultaneously with a fast charging adapter.
The gadget is also portable. You can fold it and put it inside your pocket and charge three devices anywhere with the included 12W adapter.
5. WAITIEE 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Station
An all-in-one charger for your Apple essentials.
- Five color choices (White, Black, Light Pink, Mint Green, and Sky Blue)
- Comes with a 15W fast-charging adapter
- Multi-device charging
- Doesn’t support sideways Apple Watch docking
- Can’t charge iPhones without MagSafe
If you’re into a wireless lifestyle, the WAITIEE 3-in-1 Wireless Charging Station is the perfect choice for docking and charging your Apple devices. You don’t need to use different cables for your iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch to use them with this $39.99 charging station. Just place them where they’re supposed to be on the charging station, and they’ll charge.
6. Belkin Boost Charge Pro Portable Fast Charger
An Apple-approved Apple Watch docking station.
- Trusted by Apple
- Flat or Nightstand Apple Watch orientation
- Comes with a USB-C cable
- More expensive than single-purpose charging stations on the list
- Doesn’t support portrait Apple Watch docking orientation
At $59.99, the Belkin Boost Charge Pro Portable Fast Charger packs a major fast-charging feature, which is a USB-C cable. Its compact design will let you take it and charge your watch anywhere.
Belkin is one of Apple’s trusted third-party accessories seller, so you can rely on them to sell high quality products that’ll benefit your Apple ecosystem.
7. Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock
Apple’s native Apple Watch docking station.
- Sideways and flat docking orientation
- Automatic Nightstand mode
- Comes with an Apple Lightning to USB cable
- An expensive choice if you’re only looking for a charging station for your Apple Watch
- Comes only in White
Priced at $79.99, the Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Dock is Apple’s own Apple Watch docking station. Its package comes with a Lightning to USB cable, which is a good deal if you’re looking for a replacement for your out-of-the-box Apple Watch charger.
Since it’s an Apple accessory, you can trust it to have no issues with compatibility. Your Apple Watch will automatically go into Nightstand mode when docked on this station, and you can use your Apple Watch as your alarm clock.
8. MagSafe Duo Charger
Durable MagSafe charger for wireless charging-compatible Apple devices.
- Supports wireless charging for iPhone, Apple Watch, AirPods, and other Qi-certified devices
- Foldable and portable
- Comes with a USB-C to Lightning cable
- Requires at least a 20W USB-C power adapter for faster wireless charging
- Pricier than non-Apple counterparts serving the same purpose
At $129, Apple’s MagSafe Duo Charger offers dual wireless charging for your Apple Watch and other MagSafe-supported devices such as iPhones and AirPods. However, you might find that there are cheaper alternatives to this charging station, and they can be more economical and fitting for your non-white desk or nightstand setup.
9. Belkin Boost Charge Pro 3-in-1 Wireless Charger with MagSafe
A high-end 3-in-1 wireless charger with MagSafe support.
- 15W or 5W MagSafe support
- Multi-device charging for iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch
- Comes in Black and White
- Unique design
- LED charging indicator
- Doesn’t come with a power adapter
- Takes more space due to its design
- Pricier than counterparts offering similar features, except MagSafe support
Priced at $149.99, the Belkin Boost Charge Pro 3-in-1 Wireless Charger with MagSafe is a charging station offering MagSafe support, which is rare in third-party wireless charging accessories for Apple devices. If you’re looking for this feature and are willing to pay the price for it, it’s a great pick for charging your Apple devices wirelessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to buy a MagSafe-compatible Apple Watch docking station?
MagSafe support is currently only for newer iPhones, starting from the 12th generation. To charge your Apple Watch on an Apple or third-party docking station, you only need the Apple Watch’s magnetic charger.
What is Nightstand mode?
The Apple Watch Nightstand mode lets you turn your Apple Watch into a clock that you can use as an alarm. When you dock or connect your watch to a charger, it goes into Nightstand mode that only shows time, date, and alarms set.
Can I charge all devices on multi-device charging docks simultaneously?
Since multi-device chargers are designed to charge more than one device at a time, you can safely charge more than a single device on them. However, it is to be expected that charging may take longer because there’s more than one device pulling power.
Image credit: charlie0111 via Pixabay
Our latest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox